Tyger Valley College is an independent, combined school of excellence. The College provides outstanding facilities, qualified and dedicated teachers with passion and enthusiasm to fulfil the needs of each learner in a sensitive, caring manner and a balanced programme of academic, cultural, sporting and adventure pursuits. In this dynamic, happy learning environment, supported by a strong Christian-based value system, our learners will be able to achieve their full potential academically, physically, socially and spiritually to emerge as well balanced, productive individuals.
Tyger Valley College is a member of the Centurus Colleges group that brings together exceptional resources in education and provide exciting, value-added components in the curriculum through the company’s four specialised pillars:
• academic and learning enrichment
• sports coaching and performance
• environmental education
• visual and performin arts
Tyger Valley College is a member of the Centurus Colleges Group that brings together exceptional resources in education and provides exciting, value-added components to the curriculum.
Centurus Colleges was launched as a bold new educational initiative in 2007 with the following objectives:
• To ensure the continued excellence of teaching and learning at the company’s three colleges, Pecanwood College, Tyger Valley College and Southdowns College.
• To use its expertise to provide independent schools of excellence in new and growing communities through the management and roll out of infrastructure, equipment and staffing.
• To challenge teachers and pupils to stretch their vision of what is possible in their lives.
• To provide exciting, value added components in the curriculum of each college through the company’s four specialised pillars.
• To form relationships with disadvantaged schools that will be mutually beneficial and encourage inter-cultural enrichment.
By adopting these goals the company seeks an approach to education that constantly challenges educators, pupils and parents to have the courage to reach beyond the edge of their present parameters and seek new educational adventures as well as new areas of personal, life-long growth.
In 2015 the company was bought by ADvTECH Ltd. We remain within the Centurus Brand but now operate alongside ADvTECH’s other school brands namely Crawford Colleges, Trinity Schools, Maragon Schools, Abbotts Colleges, Junior Colleges and College Academies. This association no doubt brings together many minds and practises and helps us develop our school to be the best.
Centurus Colleges, the education subsidiary of Centurus (Pty) Ltd, is dedicated to the establishment of schools of excellence in Gauteng. The company’s first project, Pecanwood College, next to the Pecanwood Estate and Country Club, was started at the beginning of 2005 and is now a thriving school in the area south of the Hartbeespoort Dam. Southdowns College, next to the Southdowns Estate in Irene Centurion, has been open since January 2007.
Tyger Valley College joined this family of new schools and provides a school of quality in the Silver Lakes area. Centurus Colleges brings together exceptional resources in education and applies years of experience in the establishment of independent schools so that Tyger Valley College pupils will benefit and learn “through enjoyment to excellence”.